How to care or maintain and cleaning spc vinyl flooring nz
SPC FLOORING CARE&MAINTAIN
SPC Flooring is beautiful, durable and easy to maintain. Still, you’ll need to do basic cleaning, and accidents do happen. Here are some simple and easy-care tips to keep your Vinyl floors looking newer, longer.
SPC Floor Cleaning Tips:
- Remove loose dirt with a soft bristle broom.
- Clean with a damp mop for everyday care.
- Wash the floor occasionally with a gentle (non-abrasive) floor cleaner – always follow cleaning product instructions and adhere to cautions before use.
- Do not use detergents, abrasive cleaners or “mop and shine” products. These may leave a dull film on your Flooring.
- When using a vacuum cleaner, disengage the beater bar or use the “bare floor” setting to avoid damaging your Flooring.
- Highly abrasive scrubbing tools are not recommended as they can damage your Flooring.
- Never use ammonia or bleach to clean your LVT&SPC Flooring.
- Due to the high temperatures, steam mops may cause damage to Vinyl Flooring. Review the manufacturer guidelines for your flooring before using a steam mop.
To Prevent Scuffs When Moving Furniture
- Make sure furniture legs are smooth and won’t mar your LVT/SPC floors.
- Replace any small, narrow, metal, or dome-shaped glides with smooth protectors that are in flat contact with the floor.
- Place heavy-duty furniture casters or cups at the contact points of furniture or appliances you don’t often move.
- Never push, pull, or drag furniture, appliances or other items across the floor. Always lift and carry.
- If you have to slide furniture or appliances, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across the panel.
How to Treat Stains & Spills on SPC Flooring
Here are specific steps for challenging spills and stains. Unless stated otherwise, use a clean, white cloth or towel when cleaning SPC Flooring products. Always rinse the area with clean water as your final step. No matter how hard you try to avoid them, spills and stains happen. Common causes include blood, catsup, mustard, cleaners, dyes, food, candy, juices, grass, rust and pet accidents. To remove these and more, follow these steps:
1. Clean the area with SPC Flooring cleaner.
2. Scrub with a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad.
3. Rub with isopropyl alcohol. (Only for pen ink, permanent marker, nail polish, hair dye).
4. For rust stains, treat with lemon juice or cream of tartar.
Harsh fluids can also stain your SPC Flooring. Some examples include dry cleaning fluids, lacquer, paint, nail polish, wood stains and varnish. Follow these steps to remove the spill:
1. Gently rub the area with your finger or an eraser (avoid using sharp items, which can scratch your Flooring).
2. Rub lightly with isopropyl alcohol on a clean, white cloth.
3. If the satin still shows, use odorless mineral spirits or turpentine on a clean, white cloth.
4. If the stain still shows, use a clean, white cloth to very carefully wipe the area with fingernail polish remover containing acetone.
5. Scrub the area with a floor cleaner and a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad, following instructions on the label
get to know how to clean,care or maintain spc flooring nz
Look our Spc waterproofing products